Buffon snubbed Premier League offers

first_imgGianluigi Buffon turned down offers from the Premier League in order to make an emotional return to Juventus, claims the iconic goalkeeper’s agent.At 41 years of age, and after just one season outside of Italy, the World Cup winner is heading back to Turin.A medical with the Serie A champions is being undertaken ahead of the signing of a one-year contract with the Bianconeri. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Buffon spent the 2018-19 campaign in France with Paris Saint-Germain, having seen a 17-year association with Juve brought to a close.Once the exit doors were opened at Parc des Princes, various landing spots for a modern-day great were mooted and it was suggested that he could head to England, but Silvano Martina claims a homecoming was always the preferred option.He told the Daily Mail of Buffon’s future call: “He had many offers, especially from the Premier League and from other large teams. “I don’t name names, it’s not in my style but I think you won’t have problems understanding.“Buffon has always made choices with his heart and never for his wallet. You can compare his return home to that of a husband who after an escapade can’t wait to hug his wife again.”Gigi Buffon Juventus Verona Serie AMartina insists a spell outside of Turin cannot be considered a “betrayal” on Buffon’s part, as he departed Juve after several successful years of loyal service.He added: “I don’t think it was a betrayal to go to PSG. He didn’t stay in Italy. It was a quick, immediate offer. “As his agent I advised him to accept considering all this as a nice thing and also to consider that it would provide a comfortable lifestyle for his large family.”Buffon is now forming part of an exciting summer of recruitment by the Serie A champions.Adrien Rabiot is among those to have arrived at the Allianz Stadium, with the former PSG midfielder set to be reunited with a familiar face who helped to talk him into a move to Italy, while Aaron Ramsey has also linked up with Juve as a free agent.“I think that Rabiot listened to Gigi with respect and sympathy. I consider Rabiot making the best choice,” Martina said. “Ramsey is a great player, I can tell you he is happy, playing the best job in the world with the champions. The Welsh can only be filled with pride. Gigi loves technical players like Aaron.”last_img read more

Photos: Katherine Webb Says She’s “Finally Getting” Her Body Back

first_imgAJ McCarron kisses Katherine Webb after a game.TUSCALOOSA, AL – OCTOBER 26: AJ McCarron #10 of the Alabama Crimson Tide kisses girlfriend Katherine Webb after their 45-10 win over the Tennessee Volunteers at Bryant-Denny Stadium on October 26, 2013 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)Katherine Webb-McCarron, the wife of the former star Alabama quarterback, took to Instagram last week to give her followers an update on life with two young kids.The former viral college football sensation, who became famous following an on-air shoutout by Brent Musburger, has two young children with her husband, A.J.Webb posted on Instagram last week that she’s “finally” starting to get her body back after having two young children.“2 babies and 5 months later I feel like I’m finally getting my bod back. Hello summer,” she wrote. Webb, 30, has always looked good, to be fair.AJ and Katherine have two young kids, five-month old Cash Carter and three-year-old Raymond Anthony McCarron III, a.k.a Tripp.The cute family recently enjoyed an outing to a charity softball game.McCarron, 28, is now a quarterback with the Houston Texans. The family has gone through a lot of moving lately, as AJ has played for four different NFL teams since 2017.last_img read more

Protests will not be allowed along some roads in future

The Minister said that protests will not be allowed on at least five key roads in future as holding protests on those roads affects the public. (Colombo Gazette) Protests will not be allowed along some roads in future, cabinet spokesman Dr Rajitha Senaratne said today.He said that certain locations have been identified where protests can be staged.