Malacañang open to creating Taal Commission Dy and Macandili, who are also teammates in La Salle, are the reserve players for the PH volleyball team who will compete in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games and the 19th Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship.The Lady Spiker added her stint with the national team is an opportunity for her to learn new things and help her prepare for upcoming tournaments including the UAAP.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’“This will be an opportunity for us players to strengthen ourselves as volleyball players,” said Dy. “It’s also for our mental toughness and skills to help us further improve and prepare for future tournaments.”Dy said that being backups doesn’t put them at a disadvantage. End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend “We’ll still do what the primary players do and I don’t see our situation as a disadvantage because we’ll take this as an opportunity to be part of the national team’s training,” said Dy in Filipino. 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Missile-capable frigate BRP Jose Rizal inches closer to entering PH Navy’s fleet View comments CONTRIBUTED PHOTOHitter Kim Kianna Dy and libero Dawn Macandili don’t mind the “reserve” label as long as they’re part of the volleyball squad set to represent the Philippines in upcoming international competitions.“We don’t think of ourselves as reserves, we’re still part of the team and whatever the 12 players do, we’ll do the same,” said Dy during the team’s media day Friday at Arellano University School of Law.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer Jelling as a team biggest challenge for PH volleybelles, says Reyes Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite MOST READ LIVE: Sinulog 2020 Grand Parade OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson IT happens: Facebook sorry for Xi Jinping’s name mistranslation
Essequibo Coast electrocutionThe relatives of 24-year-old Orin Cozier who was electrocuted on Monday on the Essequibo Coast, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) are still in a state of shock and disbelief at his death.Orin CozierThis newspaper was told that the young man, who had been employed with the Public Infrastructure Ministry up to the time of his demise, had travelled to Region Two with a few other colleagues on Saturday last to complete some work.Leorme Cozier, a sister of the late Orin Cozier, told Guyana Times that family members received the dreadful news of her brother’s demise at about 15:00h on Monday, and his father immediately travelled up to the Essequibo Coast to get firsthand information on what had taken place.The aggrieved sister related that, based on reports received, her brother was apparently heading to Supenaam when he saw a friend, and as such, he disembarked the vehicle in which he was travelling and accosted his friend.The friend he had seen, Asif Azeez, was at the time supervising workers as they ran electric wires to facilitate the installation of street lights. Her late brother and Azeez were chatting while simultaneously holding an electric wire when it came in contact with a transformer that energised it with over 6000 volts, and the resultant electric shock reportedly tossed Azeez and Cozier several feet away, both landing on the roadway.Cozier, in an unconscious state, while Azeez, having sustained severe injuries, were both rushed to the Suddie Hospital, where Cozier was pronounced dead on arrival and Azeez was admitted a patient in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Up to late Tuesday afternoon, his condition was listed as stable.In a solemn voice, Leorme Cozier explained that her now dead brother had, a few years ago, been involved in an accident, and as a result, steel had to be placed in one of his legs.“I guess it was because of the steel in his foot he died… At the time too, he was not wearing safety boots, so the current pitch him”, the sister noted.At her home on Tuesday, she noted that family members are still coming to grips with her brother’s death, and that his body will be transported to the city on Thursday.At the late Orin Cozier’s Lot 30 Dowding Street, Kitty Georgetown home, his mother was too distraught to speak with this publication. She said her husband would be the most appropriate person to give details of the unfortunate and deadly incident.
“I spent five years over there and it was an important club in my career as a player, so obviously it always has an effect on me when we play Juve,” said Zidane, who as a Juventus player lost the 1998 Champions League final to Real Madrid.“I would have preferred to avoid Juventus for many reasons,” said the coach who joined Madrid as a player in 2001, scoring a wonder-goal to clinch the Champions League final with a 2-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen.“But we drew Juve and now I have to concentrate on that and forget about everything that happened to me there as a player even if it’ll always be there in the back of my mind.”“They look as solid as they were last year,” said Zidane of the Juve outfit renowned for rock-solid defending and clinical breakaway finishing.Zidane was also quizzed about Gareth Bale’s state of mind and was asked if the Welsh winger was depressed at Madrid after missing selection for both legs of the last-16 victory over PSG.“He’s a very important part of our squad, he is happy to be with us and he has showed that. You can think whatever you want but he isn’t sad,” Zidane insisted.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Real Madrid’s French head coach Zinedine Zidane © AFP/File / FRANCK FIFEMADRID, Spain, Mar 17 – Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane says he would have preferred to avoid Juventus in Friday’s Champions League draw because of his attachment to the Italian giant where he spent five happy years.The match, to be played on 3-11 April, is a replay of last season’s Champions League final, which brought Zidane back-to-back European crowns with a 4-1 win in Cardiff.
1 Ben Davies in action during his time with Swansea The ink can barely have been dry on Ben Davies’ five-year contract when he stepped on the pitch at the BMO Field for Tottenham against Toronto.The 21-year-old left-back, who joined Spurs along with Michel Vorm in a deal which saw Gylfi Sigurdsson make a return to Swansea City, didn’t seem phased in the unfamiliar surroundings though.A number of classy touches and good link up play when he got forward down the flank saw Lilywhites supporters pleased as punch with the new boy, who completed 45 minutes on his first bow as Spurs ran out 3-2 winners.And they took to Twitter to reveal their delight at Davies’ arrival as he looks set to displace Danny Rose at White Hart Lane…
Burnley boss Sean Dyche gained greater satisfaction from earning a point in the goalless draw with Manchester United because of the far greater resources the Red Devils have.Louis van Gaal handed a fulll debut to £60million club-record signing Angel di Maria, but that could not stop the Clarets from earning their first point of the Premier League season.Asked about United being able to call on the services of such superior talent, Dyche said: “It’s the reality of being in the Premier League. They’re top of the market and they have their resources.“Today I was even more pleased with our performance because that’s arguably the best side they’ve put out this season, as regards the regular faces you’re used to seeing in a Manchester United shirt.“It was even better as it helps us to build our mentality and what we can achieve as a group playing against a side like that.”
1 Paul Pogba in action for Juventus Paul Pogba’s agent believes the coveted midfielder’s future lies away from Juventus, saying: “If it does not happen this year, it will be next year.”The France international has attracted the attention of top European clubs after impressing for Juve since joining the Turin club on a free transfer from Manchester United in summer 2012.The 21-year-old, who is under contract with the Bianconeri until June 2019, is a reported target of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris St Germain.“I want the club that buys him to believe in him and be willing to pay for him,” Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola told Gazzetta dello Sport. “If Paul leaves Juventus, it is for the absolute top.“If it does not happen this year, it will be next year.“Paul is at the same level economically as the other big stars and has a similar reputation, so he could stay for another year.“But Paul is the only major star who is available at the end of the season.“If you cannot take Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi or Zlatan Ibrahimovic, you can only go for Paul.”Raiola has warned Pogba’s suitors they will have to splash the cash if they want to prise him away, however.“If someone wants him, the market situation could see him go for more than 100million euros,” Raiola said.Raiola revealed his client had several offers after leaving United almost three years ago.“AC Milan wanted to sign him, together with Genoa, and then send him there on loan,” he said. “Inter said they did not want to create a row with (former Manchester United boss) Sir Alex Ferguson.“With Juve, the deal was quite simple.“They signed him, gave him the wages of a first-team player and did not send him out on loan.“(Former Juventus coach) Antonio Conte deserves the credit for Paul’s development.“He (Pogba) needs someone who tells him to do his thing and give him some space.”Pogba scored seven goals and set up seven more in 33 league appearances to help Juve clinch their third straight Scudetto in the 2013-14 campaign, and has bagged six goals in 17 Serie A games this term.Juve, coached by Massimiliano Allegri, are seven points clear of Roma at the top of the standings.The Turin giants are on course to win their first Coppa Italia in 20 years after reaching the last four of the competition this week with a 1-0 triumph at Parma.Juve are also alive in the Champions League and take on Borussia Dortmund in the last 16 of the competition next month.
This mystery is just one aspect of the fascinating story of this town that is explored in a new book called ‘Visions of the Past: Scowders, Stirabout and Slipping Bogs’.Produced by the Castlefinn and District History Group, who bring together a myriad of captivating historical nuggets of information about the area in a new book.This unique book will be unveiled at the start of a week-end extravaganza to celebrate the publication of the town’s first-ever local history study. With over 120 pages and packed with an incredible collection of photographs, articles and interviews which bring the past vividly to life, the book-launch will take place in the beautiful setting of the White House Garden venue at the Castlefinn Partnership Initiative Centre at 7.00pm, Friday November 8th with Special Guest – Aussie Bryson doing the honours.Don’t panic if you can’t make it on the night because the focus then shifts to St Mary’s Hall, Main St, Castlefin, where an Exhibition of Old Photographs with Coffee and Cake refreshments will be held on Saturday-Sunday, November 9th -10th between 11am-5pm.Copies of the book will also be on sale. Priced at a very modest €10 it is great value and the ideal Christmas present for your loved ones at home or abroad and guaranteed to create many a fond memory around the world and, no doubt, the odd tear as well!If you would like a little taste of what’s in ‘Scowders, Stirabout and Slipping Bogs’ then visit the Castlefinn and District History Group website: email@example.com. For more information contact Mary Catterson. Tel. 0876327189 email firstname.lastname@example.org HOW DO YOU SPELL ‘CASTLEFIN’ – ONE ‘N’ OR TWO?! was last modified: November 3rd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:castlefinhistorical society
LATEST scrap BEST OF Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Most Popular Football Stories latest 1 gameday cracker However, he could be back much sooner than first anticipated.The reigning Bundesliga champions are currently managed by former Croatia manager Niko Kovac, but are struggling and find themselves floundering behind Jadon Sancho’s Borussia Dortmund.Although the club have moved to distance themselves from a move for Wenger with a stunning attack on the German media, the bookies have not taken that into account.According to Oddschecker.com, the former Monaco boss is just 4/7 with SkyBet. tense Wenger left Arsenal after 22 years in charge revealed The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Arsene Wenger is odds on to become the next Bayern Munich boss in a stunning turn of events.The Frenchman left the Premier League side at the end of last season after 22 seasons in charge to much fanfare and acclaim for his terrific achievements in north London. Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City Gerrard launches furious touchline outburst as horror tackle on Barisic sparks chaos Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update A move for Wenger would mark the second season in a row the Bavarians have sacked a manager to replace him with an experienced head.Carlo Ancelotti was sacked in October last year before being replaced by former boss Jupp Heynckes.
Radamel Falcao endured a nightmare return to Atletico Madrid as he missed a penalty during Monaco’s 2-0 defeat in the Champions League.The Colombian, who scored 70 goals in 91 games for Atletico, was given a hero’s welcome when he came on as a substitute in the 55th minute of the tie. Falcao fluffed his lines on his return REVEALED In a fine display of sportsmanship, Atletico goalkeeper Jan Oblak approached Falcao to console him after the penalty miss.Oblak, who was sent the wrong way by the penalty, went straight up to Falcao and patted him on the back. Falcao blazed the penalty wide Oblak consoled Falcao after his miss Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card MONEY BEST OF It will be little consolation to Falcao however, who has now missed all three penalties he has taken in the Champions League. Latest Football News Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? ADVICE Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade 3 3 RANKED Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions REVEALED And he was given the opportunity to lead a late comeback when Stefan Savic was sent off for a hand-ball in the box in the 82nd minute.However, he missed the target with his spot-kick, and Thierry Henry’s miserable start as Monaco boss continued. 3 Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won huge blow no dice
Donegal County Council is to deploy all its lorries and gritters onto the county’s roads tonight with more snow forecast.All roads are passable despite snowfalls in many parts of the countyThe good news is that all roads are now clear despite early morning falls.Some back roads were dangerous but the main roadways have cleared. Met Eireann are forecasting up to 9cms of snow for a number of counties across the day including Donegal.Motorists have been urged to drive with care.A severe frost is also forecast for this evening and the cold snap is expected to last a number of days.A spokesman for Donegal County Council said they are on standby for all possibilities. “There are currently no problems with the road network – all roads are clear.“We are expecting some snow showers this afternoon but we do not expect anything too heavy.“It is expected to be very frosty this evening and all lorries are expected to be out early this evening and tomorrow morning,” he said. COUNCIL TO DEPLOY ALL GRITTERS AS MORE SNOW FORECAST was last modified: March 11th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalgritterssnow